Katia Bailetti graduated with a diploma in naturopathic medicine from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in 2004. She is passionate about providing holistic pediatric care. She has a special interest in vaccines, detoxification and empowering parents to use safe, effective and natural medicines at home with their children. She is also a mother of two (with a third on the way) and the author of a variety of parenting resources (see www.doctormom.me for details).
Katia is currently taking a leave of absence from her naturopathic practice. To be notified when she is again welcoming clients, please send an email to: admin @ drbailetti . com
What is naturopathic pediatric care?
Naturopathic pediatric care compliments your child's regular doctor visits. Naturopathic doctors undergo similar medical training as conventional medical doctors but our approach to health and healing differs. The naturopathic way emphasizes the following:
- Using of the most gentle and least invasive treatments to restore health. Side effects from naturopathic treatments are typically rare and minor or absent. Aggressive therapy and surgery is avoided until necessary.
- Listening to your child's symptoms as they are important clues that indicate where there is an imbalance in the body. Addressing the cause of the symptoms will result in healing. Focusing on suppressing the symptoms and not addressing the cause, will result in more symptoms and further deterioration of health.
- Developing a personal health plan that takes into account your child's unique set of strengths and susceptibilities based on their genetics, environment, mental and emotional health, lifestyle and life history. This plan will be tailored to your child and may include the use of herbs, nutritional supplements, homeopathic remedies, acupressure, massage, water therapy, counselling and mind-body medicine.
- Stimulating your child's natural ability to heal him/herself using safe and effective natural medicines. Our bodies have a remarkable ability to heal given the right circumstances. Naturopathic medicine focuses on strengthening this natural ability to restore health and remove barriers to the healing process. Obstacles to healing can include inadequate nutrition, exposure to toxins and excess stress.
- Encouraging questions and empowering clients to make informed decisions about their health through open communication. The length of your visit will range from 15 minutes to 2 hours depending on your needs. You will have the time to voice your concerns, ask questions and your child's naturopathic doctor will have time to review key information with you.
Notify me when I can schedule an appointment.
Buy parenting resources.
Tell a friend!
A person's a person no matter how small.
~ Horton the Elephant